Saturday 28 July 2012

Ice Cube Painting!

Ice cube painting is one of the more recent ideas I found on Pinterest and, with the crazy heat we've been having, I thought this would be a great way to introduce Annalise to painting. She LOVED it! :)

Here's how it's made: take old ice cube trays and some tempera paints. Fill the tray(s) with the paint and freeze it overnight. Take it outside when you want to use it! :) The heat and body heat from the munchkins will make the paint melt as the kids paint/draw with it. If you want a little more watery paint, you can mix it with water before freezing.


Here Annalise is working on a painting with her cousins. She loved getting messy, loved how cool the paint cubes felt and loved the messy art that resulted from her fun.


Annalise kept painting even after her cousins quit. She needed to be hosed down to get a lot of the paint off before she could rinse off the rest in the wading pool but we got her clean eventually. Trust me, the mess was totally worth it!

When iPhoto starts cooperating with me again, I'll post a picture of the finished project. :)

I like to give credit where credit is due so, this is where I learned about Ice Cube painting after I found it on Pinterest: http://www.growingajeweledrose.com/2012/07/summer-fun-ice-painting.html

No comments:

Post a Comment