Tuesday 20 November 2012

Name Art

Here's an art project Annalise and I did before Emilie was born. Yes, I know I'm super late posting this but hey, I was pregnant and had a baby - I have a good excuse! :)


So, what I did was get a canvas (Dollarama is a great place to get canvas for art) and I wrote her name out with painters tape (you could also use masking tape). Then I let her have at it with the paints and her fingers. Annalise had a blast and I tried not to panic about the mess too much. :) As you can see, the paint was so thick in some areas that it bled right through the paint. Still looks pretty cool though. Next time I think I'll write out her name with white glue and let it dry first. I think the effect might be a bit nicer.  This was another Pinterest idea but I can't find where the idea was linked from so can't share it. If this was your idea, or you know which site originally posted this idea, please let me know in the comments below and I will update this post to reflect that!

No comments:

Post a Comment