Wednesday 19 March 2014

Princess Fairytale Pillowcase Dress

Yesterday I wanted to sew. So I pulled out my supplies, looked through my fabric and decided what to make. Over at The Mother Huddle, she has a tutorial for a pillowcase style dress using fat quarters. (I say "pillowcase style" because it's not made from an actual pillowcase, but the rest of the concept is the same.) I had a few fat quarters and some fabric scraps that I thought would be perfect for this so I went at it. Well, things didn't go exactly as I would have liked and I totally forgot to do the top stitching so it's not my favourite work but I still like how it turned out. I adapted some things from her pattern. For example, I like using bias tape in the armholes as it means I don't need to try to hem things in a curved line and still make it look nice - faster and easier with bias tape and it still looks super cute! :) This one is in the 6 month - 12 month size.



I like how the fabrics went together - perfect for a little princess! :) Also, I used almost a yard and a half of bias tape for the tie at the shoulders but I think I could have gotten away with using closer to 2 yards as that would have given it a nicer big bow. At least now I know what I would do differently next time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment