Monday 21 December 2015

Grace - OneWord365

It's almost the end of 2015 and I need to choose my word of focus for 2016. This year (as last year) my focus was prayer. I do believe I've grown in that though I've not made near as much progress as I'd have liked. I will continue to work on that, of course, but I can't have Prayer as my word for yet another year ... then it will really be a copout! :)

This time I have really been struggling to find a word of something I'd like to work on. Words that come to mind are: Grace - I'd like to extend grace more freely to those around me, as God extends grace to me; Discipline - I'd like to be more disciplined in many areas of my life, spiritual, health, relationships ... ; Wisdom - increasing my knowledge of God and His word and applying it in a glorifying way; Discernment - goes somewhat hand in hand with wisdom, "It is the ability to make discriminating judgments, to distinguish between, and recognize the moral implications of, different situations and courses of action. It includes the ability to “weigh up” and assess the moral and spiritual status of individuals, groups, and even movements. Thus, while warning us against judgmentalism, Jesus urges us to be discerning and discriminating, lest we cast our pearls before pigs (Matt. 7:16)." ~http://www.ligonier.org/blog/discernment-thinking-gods-thoughts/ ... I want to further develop my strengths in that area.

But I think I've decided on Grace for this coming year. Maybe because I see in myself a rather strong lack of tact that I think I inherited (no disrespect intended to the dear one I inherited that from because she was also a woman filled with grace!) I think I am a rather discerning person and, on a number of recent Spiritual Gifts tests I've taken, discernment came up top either as #1 or in the top 3. But, I think because I have that discernment, I can sometimes be so quick to judge that I forget that I still need to extend grace. So, in 2016, my word will be Grace. I'm signing up with that on oneword265.com. Will you help me focus on this word? Will you hold me accountable?


No comments:

Post a Comment